Thursday, February 28

What would apieceofus do?

Can't remember if I have mentioned it before, but I'm developing an online science dialogue event for schools. Doing lots of teacher consultation at the moment. And I want to encourage all the teachers who get our email alerts to post useful comments on the project blog.

I've been thinking, maybe if we offer to give 50p to charity for each comment, that would get people posting more (at all). The question is, any good ideas about which charity? It should be something relevant. Main audience is science teachers, other in education and maybe scientists interested in engagement.

So far I've thought of SciDevNet, Digital Links, Practical Action or 'some charity that promotes education in the developing world'. Any better ideas? Or reasons why I should or shouldn't pick one of the ones I've mentioned?

PS Please all feel free (or rather, emotionally blackmailed into) posting comments yourselves. I reckon once someone starts it off other people are more likely to say things, but it just looks too rubbish for me to do it.

2 comments:

Liam said...

Kivo is interesting.

Sophia said...

Is that the right URL? - seems to go to a spam page.