Fascinating little video about the last 200 years of history. Well worth a look.
(also: should I be twittering this sort of thing? User name apieceofus has already been taken by some devil! But I've just set up scicomtwit.)
Start following people once you've got a few more tweets up, so people know what kind of thing you'll be doing, to judge whether they want to follow you back or not.
Start w people you know in real life, so they will follow you back. (although as your name isn't on it, they may not realise it is you) If I'm followed by someone who doesn't have any followers, I assume they are rubbish and don't even look at their tweets to see if they are interesting.
But do start following people soon, cos twitter doesn't really make a lot of sense until you are following people - it's all about interaction. It's def not just a broadcast thing.
Download a twitter client and use that - loads better than just doing it direct on the web. I use echofon on my iphone and it rocks. Unfortunately there isn't a pc version (although there is a mac one). Best of the others I've tried is tweetdeck, but it is a bit too big, personally. But there are loads to choose from.
I can recommend people I follow who I like, if you want. But you will naturally start finding people as you see people retweeted by people you do follow, who have said something good.
If you should see anything amazing in aPieceOfThem, do post about it in aPOU for heaven's sake. It updates far more frequently than any of us look at this page. Unless it's a really slow day.
1 comment:
Yay! Welcome to twitter!
Few bits of advice:-
Start following people once you've got a few more tweets up, so people know what kind of thing you'll be doing, to judge whether they want to follow you back or not.
Start w people you know in real life, so they will follow you back. (although as your name isn't on it, they may not realise it is you) If I'm followed by someone who doesn't have any followers, I assume they are rubbish and don't even look at their tweets to see if they are interesting.
But do start following people soon, cos twitter doesn't really make a lot of sense until you are following people - it's all about interaction. It's def not just a broadcast thing.
Download a twitter client and use that - loads better than just doing it direct on the web. I use echofon on my iphone and it rocks. Unfortunately there isn't a pc version (although there is a mac one). Best of the others I've tried is tweetdeck, but it is a bit too big, personally. But there are loads to choose from.
I can recommend people I follow who I like, if you want. But you will naturally start finding people as you see people retweeted by people you do follow, who have said something good.
Post a Comment