Wednesday, August 27

Moment of personal smugness

It's my trumpet and I'll blow it if I want to.

Since starting my blog I have managed to quote the following people in it:

Vladimir Lenin
Horror film actor Ernest Thesiger
South Park's Big Gay Al
Dune author Frank Herbert
and Jeeves

Yes, actually, I am rather pleased with myself; and am now confident enough to take requests for future mentions. Give it your best shot - I guarantee to quote them before the end of the year.

4 comments:

Sophia said...

Oooh, well, lots of obvious ones.

Iain M Banks
Granny Weatherwax (I thought Terry Pratchett too easy, and obviously Granny W is my favourite character)
Richard Feynman
The Princess Bride
Star Trek - Next Generation

It's getting a bit geeky, isn't it? I'm trying to think what sci comm types you should go for, but refuse to suggest Dawkins...

Also, please do Meatloaf, in honour of Liam singing Bat out of Hell in the Nunney Village panto.

And what about Chairman Mao, being as you'll naturally be including loads of Russians and you'll need some balance in your homicidal communists?

Am I being greedy and suggesting too many?

Nixoniad said...

Hmm.. well, Feynman should be easy, as should the Princess Bride and Granny W. Banks could be trickier - he's not as quotable - but I will give it a try. I don't really know enough Star Trek...

Liam said...

You could, of course, quote us.

Sophia said...

"You could, of course, quote us."

Haha, brilliant! But we'd need wikipedia pages for that. Everyone knows if you're going to quote someone on a blog you have to give a link to their wikipedia entry...