Friday, December 2

Friday again

Crime statistics are rocketing in the area I grew up. It got me thinking. I love local newspapers so much. I even enjoyed Dead Man Weds, and that was quite hard. Reminded me of happy days at AOL, consistently misspelling Vodafone, Vodaphone. If only we could get them to do local science coverage. Although admittedly I do not know what form that might take. maybe we could start. So may I begin with the difficult-to-parse Bath Flies Power Aircraft.

2 comments:

Nixoniad said...

"Iraqi head seeks arms" was always my favourite... here are lots more.


MINERS REFUSE TO WORK AFTER DEATH
DRUNK GETS NINE MONTHS IN VIOLIN CASE

I remember seeing a sign in Elephant and Castle:

VIOLENT ATTACK
A woman was attacked by the telephone boxes on the corner of New Kent Road between 2.30 and 3 am on 17 March. If you saw anything, etc.

Very tempted to call and say "There were two of them, about seven feet high, not moving too fast... oh my God, they're still there!"

I'm intrigued about the idea of actually writing the occasional thing about science on apieceofus. Novel, but it might just work.

Sophia said...

You've all just made me laugh out loud:-)