"The rooms are individually air-conditioned, accessorized with amenities you will find in 4-star hotels abroad, sheets are clean, view from the room is nice, and—after the suicide bombing that took place—security measures have been implemented."Why do in-flight mags always feel the need to be so upbeat anyway? I mean, by the time you read them, you're already committed to going abroad. It's not like you read "Restaurant Highlights of Caracas" and think "Ooh! I must go to Caracas! Wait a minute, I'm currently sitting on a flight to Caracas! Even better!"
Monday, October 11
I would write for this in-flight magazine
More of them should follow this editorial approach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So you're thinking features such as 'Uh-Oh! So You're Going To Lvov...' and 'Top 10 emergency accommodations within walking distance of Pisa Airport' and 'Tel Aviv - get frisked in style' and so on?
Excellent. I would read these articles.
I would certainly like to write "Uh-Oh! So You're Going To Lvov..."
Plus, I bet a lot of people travelling would quite like to feel that they're doing something a bit edgy and risky. Reading "The Dark Heart of Frankfurt" or "Crime, Corruption, Murder and Long Island" would make those tedious business trips seem like adventures again.
And, of course, the ever popular Air Crash of the Month feature.
Post a Comment