Tuesday, June 19

Whisper-copter

I think this is one for Alec. The Register details a new super duper robo chopper and reckons it's going to be running on heavy fuel. I can see them now, shovelling coal into the back of it ready for its maiden flight.

I also note that the DARPA website looks like a cartoon of a Military Research website, circa 1988. Makes me hope they will make it transform into a giant robot.

And , of course, this brings us on to the increasingly great 'Rise of the Machines' section on the register. There's so much great stuff here this week it's hard to choose a favourite, so perhaps I might direct your attention to the New Laws of Robotics and explain there's plenty more craziness where that came from.

1 comment:

Nixoniad said...

My favourite has to be the news that not only will the British armed forces be buying flying killer robots, but that the system controlling them is called Skynet.