Thursday, August 18

Crocodile blood serum in HIV treatment

This is really interesting. However, two thoughts arise: 1. If I ever get dissatisfied and browned off with my job, I will console myself that I do not have to go out and capture live estuarine crocodiles and stick huge needles into their heads. 2. I cannot help feeling that treating humans with crocodile blood serum, whatever its therapeutic effects, runs the risk of creating a race of scaly, unstoppable, fanged reptile-men, emerging from their sewer homes to wreak havoc on a weekly basis. Just a gut instinct.

1 comment:

Sophia said...

I've been researching a show on the weirdest jobs in science, if I get hacked off I console myself with the thought that I am not a bull semen collector...

But yes, giant scaley superbeings, quite worrying. Although I found out that crocodiles have incredibly strong jaw muscles for closing their jaws but very weak ones for opening them. If you catch them when their mouths are shut you can just keep them shut with your hand. It's if they manage to open them that you've got a problem...